Dental Aid/Assistant Education in MissouriIndividuals can work as dental aid orassistants in Missouri without completing a formal training program. However, dental aid or assistants must complete an accredited dental care assistant program approved by the Missouri Dental Board if they wish to assist a dentist with administering and monitoring nitrous oxide analgesia. They must also have a permit from the board. Students must also have a permit to perform expanded dental functions; students must have completed training and be certified in expanded functions.
Dental aid or assistant training programs offer a curriculum of laboratory classes, lectures and a lot of clinical education so the student can gain chair-side experience assisting the dentist in procedures. Dental care assistant education usually takes from 1 to 2 years to complete. Completing the dental aid or assistant program qualifies the student to take the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. exam to earn the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) credential.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants MissouriDental care assistants in Missouri earned a mean annual wage of $33,790, according to a May 2012 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report. This is slightly less than the $35,080 that was earned by dental aid or assistants across the nation. During that time, there were 4,970 dental care assistants working in Missouri.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Missouri
|University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Dentistry||Kansas City, MO||www.umkc.edu|
|Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health at A.T. Still University||Kirksville, MO||www.atsu.edu|
|Missouri College||Brentwood, MO||http://www.missouricollege.edu|
|Linn State Technical College||Linn, MO||https://www.statetechmo.edu|
|Metropolitan State Community College||Kansas City, MO||http://www.metrostate.edu|
|Ozarks Technical Community College||Springfield, MO||http://www.otc.edu|
|St. Louis Community College||St. Louis, MO||http://www.stlcc.edu|