Dental Assistant Schools in MississippEach of the schools previously mentioned provides a certificate program in dental assisting. Hinds also has an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Dental Assisting for people who want a more advanced level of training. Instead of the one year that it takes to complete the certificate program, the A.A.S. degree requires two years. Core courses cover subject areas such as oral anatomy; pharmacology and medical emergencies; dental radiography; dental office management; coronal polishing; and sealant, fluoride, and topical anesthetics application. The A.A.S. degree is buttressed by general educational requirements that are meant to sharpen the skills of the aspiring dental care assistant even further. The courses include English composition, public speaking, mathematics, microcomputer applications, and humanities or fine arts electives. After graduation, students are eligible to sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam, thus increasing their chances for employment in dental offices or clinics.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL ASSISTANTS IN MISSISSIPPIThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that dental care assistants in Mississippi make an annual mean wage of $29,710, which is translated into $14.28 per hour. It is slightly above that of states like South Dakota, but is far less than the national mean wage for the field — at $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). However, dental care assistants at Jackson tend to make more than the state average, with a yearly mean wage of $32,470. About 2,690 dental assistants live in Mississippi. The BLS expects that number to increase by 18 percent between 2010 and 2020.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Mississippi
|University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry||Jackson, MS||www.umc.edu|
|Pearl River Community College||Poplarville, MS||http://www.prcc.edu|
|Hinds Community College||Raymond, MS||http://www.hindscc.edu|
|Meridian Community College||Meridian, MS||http://www.mcc.cc.ms.us|