In Maryland, there are three dental hygiene schools that stand out: Baltimore City Community College, Alleghany College of Maryland, and University of Maryland Dental School. However, there are definitely more programs available that offer courses that are equivalent to those taught in the schools mentioned. Ensuring the programs are accredited is the first step, but one must also look at the types of courses taught and how rigorous the programs are.
Certification in this field is vital to a career in dental hygiene, as most employers require not only certification but proper training. For a better chance at finding employment as a dental hygienist after completing the program, look for schools that offer hands-on experience, internships, and other similar options.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in MarylandThe salary for a dental care assistant in Maryland is above the national average regardless of the city one works in. On average, according to Indeed.com, a dental care assistant in Maryland earns approximately $55,000 per year, though this may be on the high end. Typically, in areas such as Bethesda, Baltimore, and Potomac, the median salary for a dental care assistant is approximately $36,000 per year, according to Salary.com, which is still higher than the national average. It is important to note that some dental offices pay higher salaries than others in these same cities so a thorough job search will be able to yield numerous options that meet salary expectations.
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Dental Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Electronic Health Records
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Maryland
|University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Dentistry||Baltimore, Maryland,||http://www.umaryland.edu|
|Fortis College||Towson, MD||https://www.fortis.edu|
|Penn Foster Career School||Scranton, PA||http://www.pennfoster.edu|
|Harris School||Harrisburg, PA||http://www.hbgsd.k12.pa.us|
|All-State Career||Baltimore, MD||https://www.allstatecareer.edu|