In Maryland, there are three dental hygiene schools that stand out: Baltimore City Community College, Alleghany College of Maryland, and University of Maryland Dental School. However, there are definitely more programs available that offer courses that are equivalent to those taught in the schools mentioned. Ensuring the programs are accredited is the first step, but one must also look at the types of courses taught and how rigorous the programs are.
Certification in this field is vital to a career in dental hygiene, as most employers require not only certification but proper training. For a better chance at finding employment as a dental hygienist after completing the program, look for schools that offer hands-on experience, internships, and other similar options.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in MarylandThe salary for a dental care assistant in Maryland is above the national average regardless of the city one works in. On average, according to Indeed.com, a dental care assistant in Maryland earns approximately $55,000 per year, though this may be on the high end. Typically, in areas such as Bethesda, Baltimore, and Potomac, the median salary for a dental care assistant is approximately $36,000 per year, according to Salary.com, which is still higher than the national average. It is important to note that some dental offices pay higher salaries than others in these same cities so a thorough job search will be able to yield numerous options that meet salary expectations.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Maryland
|University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Dentistry||Baltimore, Maryland,||http://www.umaryland.edu|
|Fortis College||Towson, MD||https://www.fortis.edu|
|Penn Foster Career School||Scranton, PA||http://www.pennfoster.edu|
|Harris School||Harrisburg, PA||http://www.hbgsd.k12.pa.us|
|All-State Career||Baltimore, MD||https://www.allstatecareer.edu|