To become eligible to gain certification from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB), potential hygienists must graduate from a school accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
Two convenient websites that list state-by-state listings of CODA-accredited schools are the DANB website (www.danb.org) and the American Dental Hygiene Association website (www.adha.org). Beginning with these two sites will make it quick and easy to find a school. These sites also include other valuable information to help throughout the process of becoming a dental care assistant.
In Los Angeles,the following schools offer CODA-accredited dental care assistant programs:
* American Career College
* Bryman College
* Everest College
* UEI College
* Westwood College
Dental Hygiene Education in Los Angeles, CaliforniaThose seeking to become dental care assistants in Los Angeles are responsible for completing more than 2900 curriculum hours. Part of the curriculum education includes over 600 clock hours spent training in a professional clinical setting. Entry level positions require 86 credit hours achieved and a certificate or associate’s degree.
Degree completion programs are available for those who wish to advance their careers through additional education. To receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, candidates must be licensed and have completed continuing professional education credits or have already become certified or have earned an associate degree.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Los Angeles, CaliforniaDental care assistants working in Los Angeles, California can expect to earn about $56,000 per year. This is 3% higher than the nationwide average.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Master of Arts in Government - Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Veterinary Assistant
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Respiratory Therapy
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Los Angeles
|University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry||Los Angeles, CA||http://www.dentistry.ucla.edu/|
|The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC||Los Angeles, CA||http://dentistry.usc.edu/|