To become eligible to gain certification from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB), potential hygienists must graduate from a school accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
Two convenient websites that list state-by-state listings of CODA-accredited schools are the DANB website (www.danb.org) and the American Dental Hygiene Association website (www.adha.org). Beginning with these two sites will make it quick and easy to find a school. These sites also include other valuable information to help throughout the process of becoming a dental care assistant.
In Los Angeles,the following schools offer CODA-accredited dental care assistant programs:
* American Career College
* Bryman College
* Everest College
* UEI College
* Westwood College
Dental Hygiene Education in Los Angeles, CaliforniaThose seeking to become dental care assistants in Los Angeles are responsible for completing more than 2900 curriculum hours. Part of the curriculum education includes over 600 clock hours spent training in a professional clinical setting. Entry level positions require 86 credit hours achieved and a certificate or associate’s degree.
Degree completion programs are available for those who wish to advance their careers through additional education. To receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, candidates must be licensed and have completed continuing professional education credits or have already become certified or have earned an associate degree.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Los Angeles, CaliforniaDental care assistants working in Los Angeles, California can expect to earn about $56,000 per year. This is 3% higher than the nationwide average.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Los Angeles
|University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry||Los Angeles, CA||http://www.dentistry.ucla.edu/|
|The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC||Los Angeles, CA||http://dentistry.usc.edu/|