Dental Assistant Schools in KentuckyAs part of the same community college system, Bluegrass and West Kentucky use virtually the same curriculum, which comprises the Diploma in Dental Assisting program. Students are required to take between 38 and 45 credits for completion of the program, which takes up to four semesters to complete. The first of two summer semesters can be dedicated to pre-requisite courses, which are in subject areas like anatomy and physiology, basic anatomy, written and oral communications, psychology, and digital literacy. The rest of the program runs through the subsequent fall, spring, and summer semesters. Subject areas that the core courses cover include infection control and medical emergencies, dental materials, oral pathology and radiology, and office management. Also included are classes for practical experience or workplace simulation. Bluegrass offers the addition option of enrolling in the Dental Assisting/Dental Hygiene Integrated Program, which trains people in becoming dental hygienists. A step above dental care assistants, dental hygienists handle additional and more advanced duties, including specialization in oral hygiene.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL AID/ASSISTANTS IN KENTUCKYIn 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that dental care assistants in Kentucky made an annual mean wage of $31,310, or $15.06 per hour. By comparison, the annual mean salary of dental care assistants in the United States is $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2010, the BLS estimated the number of dental care assistants in Kentucky at 4,010 in 2010. The agency expects a decade-long job growth of 28 percent, outpacing the national growth rate by 3 percent.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Kentucky
|University of Kentucky College of Dentistry||Lexington, KY||mc.uky.edu/Dentistry|
|University of Louisville School of Dentistry||Louisville, KY||www.louisville.edu|
|Bluegrass Community & Technical College||Lexington, KY||http://www.bluegrass.kctcs.edu|
|West Kentucky Community & Technical College||Paducah, KY||http://www.westkentucky.kctcs.edu|