Dental Assistant Schools in KentuckyAs part of the same community college system, Bluegrass and West Kentucky use virtually the same curriculum, which comprises the Diploma in Dental Assisting program. Students are required to take between 38 and 45 credits for completion of the program, which takes up to four semesters to complete. The first of two summer semesters can be dedicated to pre-requisite courses, which are in subject areas like anatomy and physiology, basic anatomy, written and oral communications, psychology, and digital literacy. The rest of the program runs through the subsequent fall, spring, and summer semesters. Subject areas that the core courses cover include infection control and medical emergencies, dental materials, oral pathology and radiology, and office management. Also included are classes for practical experience or workplace simulation. Bluegrass offers the addition option of enrolling in the Dental Assisting/Dental Hygiene Integrated Program, which trains people in becoming dental hygienists. A step above dental care assistants, dental hygienists handle additional and more advanced duties, including specialization in oral hygiene.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL AID/ASSISTANTS IN KENTUCKYIn 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that dental care assistants in Kentucky made an annual mean wage of $31,310, or $15.06 per hour. By comparison, the annual mean salary of dental care assistants in the United States is $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2010, the BLS estimated the number of dental care assistants in Kentucky at 4,010 in 2010. The agency expects a decade-long job growth of 28 percent, outpacing the national growth rate by 3 percent.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Dental Assisting, Associates Degree
- Dental Assisting, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Associate of Science
- And more...
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Antonelli College has been a well-known member of the visual arts community in Cincinnati, Ohio, since 1947. Our mission is to empower individuals by providing quality, focused education and the development of life-changing skills.
The primary goal of Antonelli College is to create an environment that prepares each graduate to become a qualified professional and a well-rounded individual.
- Dental Assisting
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assisting Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Kentucky
|University of Kentucky College of Dentistry||Lexington, KY||mc.uky.edu/Dentistry|
|University of Louisville School of Dentistry||Louisville, KY||www.louisville.edu|
|Bluegrass Community & Technical College||Lexington, KY||http://www.bluegrass.kctcs.edu|
|West Kentucky Community & Technical College||Paducah, KY||http://www.westkentucky.kctcs.edu|