Dental Assistant Schools in KentuckyAs part of the same community college system, Bluegrass and West Kentucky use virtually the same curriculum, which comprises the Diploma in Dental Assisting program. Students are required to take between 38 and 45 credits for completion of the program, which takes up to four semesters to complete. The first of two summer semesters can be dedicated to pre-requisite courses, which are in subject areas like anatomy and physiology, basic anatomy, written and oral communications, psychology, and digital literacy. The rest of the program runs through the subsequent fall, spring, and summer semesters. Subject areas that the core courses cover include infection control and medical emergencies, dental materials, oral pathology and radiology, and office management. Also included are classes for practical experience or workplace simulation. Bluegrass offers the addition option of enrolling in the Dental Assisting/Dental Hygiene Integrated Program, which trains people in becoming dental hygienists. A step above dental care assistants, dental hygienists handle additional and more advanced duties, including specialization in oral hygiene.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL AID/ASSISTANTS IN KENTUCKYIn 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that dental care assistants in Kentucky made an annual mean wage of $31,310, or $15.06 per hour. By comparison, the annual mean salary of dental care assistants in the United States is $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2010, the BLS estimated the number of dental care assistants in Kentucky at 4,010 in 2010. The agency expects a decade-long job growth of 28 percent, outpacing the national growth rate by 3 percent.
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Dental Assisting, Associates Degree
- Dental Assisting, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Associate of Science
- And more...
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Clinical Specialties
- Clinical Assistant Diploma with Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- Limited Medical Radiography Diploma
- And more...
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assisting Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Kentucky
|University of Kentucky College of Dentistry||Lexington, KY||mc.uky.edu/Dentistry|
|University of Louisville School of Dentistry||Louisville, KY||www.louisville.edu|
|Bluegrass Community & Technical College||Lexington, KY||http://www.bluegrass.kctcs.edu|
|West Kentucky Community & Technical College||Paducah, KY||http://www.westkentucky.kctcs.edu|