Dental Aid/Assistant Education in IowaTo be a dental care aid in Iowa, you need to be registered with the board, which requires meeting specific requirements.
• Be at least 17 years old
• Have at least six months experience working as a dental care assistant or have completed an accredited dental care assistant program
• Have CPR certification
• Complete board-approved training on infection control, hazardous materials and jurisprudence and pass exams on these areas of study
To work with x-ray equipment, the dental care assistant must complete an approved dental radiography program and pass the dental radiography national exam. Graduates of accredited dental care assistant programs can take the certification exam authorized by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.
Dental care assistant training programs include dental courses, dental lab classes and lectures. A major part of the training is the clinical education where students rotate through dental clinics or hospitals.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in IowaIowa dental care assistants experience a wide range of salaries based on their location. Some of the lower annual wages were in Dubuque and Sioux City, where dental assistants earned median annual wages of $27,705 and $26,511, respectively. In Sioux City, those in the lowest 10% earned $20,351, while Dubuque dental care assistants in the top 90% earned $33,849. Some of the best wages in the state were earned in the state’s capital of Des Moines, where its dental care assistants earned an average of $32,009.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Diploma: Dental Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Medical Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Iowa
|University of Iowa College of Dentistry||Iowa City, IA||dentistry.uiowa.edu|
|Des Moines Area Community College||Des Moines, IA||https://www.dmacc.edu|
|Scott Community College||Bettendorf, IA||http://www.eicc.edu|
|Kirkwood Community College||Cedar Rapids, IA||http://www.kirkwood.edu|
|Iowa Western Community College||Council Bluffs, IA||http://www.iwcc.edu|
|Indian Hills Community College||Ottumwa, IA||http://www.indianhills.edu|