Dental Aid/Assistant Education in IowaTo be a dental care aid in Iowa, you need to be registered with the board, which requires meeting specific requirements.
• Be at least 17 years old
• Have at least six months experience working as a dental care assistant or have completed an accredited dental care assistant program
• Have CPR certification
• Complete board-approved training on infection control, hazardous materials and jurisprudence and pass exams on these areas of study
To work with x-ray equipment, the dental care assistant must complete an approved dental radiography program and pass the dental radiography national exam. Graduates of accredited dental care assistant programs can take the certification exam authorized by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.
Dental care assistant training programs include dental courses, dental lab classes and lectures. A major part of the training is the clinical education where students rotate through dental clinics or hospitals.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in IowaIowa dental care assistants experience a wide range of salaries based on their location. Some of the lower annual wages were in Dubuque and Sioux City, where dental assistants earned median annual wages of $27,705 and $26,511, respectively. In Sioux City, those in the lowest 10% earned $20,351, while Dubuque dental care assistants in the top 90% earned $33,849. Some of the best wages in the state were earned in the state’s capital of Des Moines, where its dental care assistants earned an average of $32,009.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting A.A.S.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Iowa
|University of Iowa College of Dentistry||Iowa City, IA||dentistry.uiowa.edu|
|Des Moines Area Community College||Des Moines, IA||https://www.dmacc.edu|
|Scott Community College||Bettendorf, IA||http://www.eicc.edu|
|Kirkwood Community College||Cedar Rapids, IA||http://www.kirkwood.edu|
|Iowa Western Community College||Council Bluffs, IA||http://www.iwcc.edu|
|Indian Hills Community College||Ottumwa, IA||http://www.indianhills.edu|