Dental Assisting Schools in IndianaDental hygiene and dental assisting are two similar fields that are actually quite different. You can work as a dental care assistant after finishing a certification program and passing a test from the Dental Assisting National Board. If you want to work as a hygienist, you need an Associate’s degree. Most students complete their degrees in two years or less, but other students work on the degree on a part-time basis, which increases the amount of time they spend in school. You should look for a school that lets you take classes around your work or home schedule and schools that have accreditation.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in IndianaIndiana is one of several Midwestern states with a high number of dental care assistants. Those assistants seek work in larger cities and smaller towns, including Bloomington, Indianapolis and Gary. When you live in Indianapolis or a larger city, you might notice that you make more than those living in smaller areas in the southern half of the state. The median salary of all dental care assistants in Indiana is around $16.50 an hour or over $34,000 a year. Those working for dental chains, which let patients easily shift their information to a new facility, often make a little less than those who work for a private office do.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Indiana
|Indiana University School of Dentistry||Indianapolis, IN||www.iusd.iupui.edu|
|Ivy Tech Community College||Indianapolis, IN||https://www.ivytech.edu|
|Indiana University School of Dentistry||Indianapolis, IN||https://www.dentistry.iu.edu|
|Indiana Dental Academy||Indianapolis, IN||http://indianadentalacademy.org|
|Dental Careers of Southern Indiana||Jeffersonville, IN||http://www.dentalcareersofsouthernindiana.com|
|Dental Careers Foundation||Indianapolis, IN||http://dcfofind.com|
|Everest College indiana||Merrillville, IN||http://www.everest.edu|
|Ross Medical Education Center||Granger, IN||https://www.rosseducation.edu|