Dental Assistant Education in IllinoisIllinois does not have any specific educational requirements for its dental care assistants. Unlike in many other states, dental care assistants in Illinois can perform x-ray procedures with dental x-ray equipment without completing training. However, completing an ADA-accredited dental program can prove beneficial when applying for a dental care assistant position. Dental care assistant programs may result in associate degrees but are typically certificate programs.
As a student in a dental assisting training program, you’ll complete medical courses, take laboratory classes and will complete chair-side training where you’ll get real experience assisting a dentist. Dental care assistant programs often have a competitive admissions policy and require completion of specific admission requirements and prerequisites.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in IllinoisAccording to the BLS, dental care assistants earned a mean annual wage of $32,890 as of May 2012. Despite the fact that Illinois has the nation’s 5th highest employment level in this occupation, dental care assistant wages in Illinois were below the national average of $35,080.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Northwestern College is a special place. Focused programs. Flexible schedules. Supportive faculty. Externship opportunities. But you probably know all of that. What you may not know is what’s behind it. Our history, our mission, our whole philosophy really. Simply put, it’s about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities.
- Dental Assisting Certificate
- Medical Assisting Certificate
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Illinois
|Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine||Downers Grove, IL||www.midwestern.edu|
|University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry||Chicago, IL||http://dentistry.uic.edu|
|Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine||Carbondale, Edwardsville, Springfield, IL||http://southernillinois.edu/|
|John A. Logan College||Carterville, IL||http://www.jalc.edu|
|Kaskaskia College||Centralia, IL||http://www.kaskaskia.edu|
|Elgin Community College||Elgin, IL||http://elgin.edu|
|Lewis & Clark Community College||Godfrey, IL||http://www.lc.edu|
|Illinois Valley Community College||Oglesby, IL||https://www.ivcc.edu|