Dental Assistant Education in IllinoisIllinois does not have any specific educational requirements for its dental care assistants. Unlike in many other states, dental care assistants in Illinois can perform x-ray procedures with dental x-ray equipment without completing training. However, completing an ADA-accredited dental program can prove beneficial when applying for a dental care assistant position. Dental care assistant programs may result in associate degrees but are typically certificate programs.
As a student in a dental assisting training program, you’ll complete medical courses, take laboratory classes and will complete chair-side training where you’ll get real experience assisting a dentist. Dental care assistant programs often have a competitive admissions policy and require completion of specific admission requirements and prerequisites.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in IllinoisAccording to the BLS, dental care assistants earned a mean annual wage of $32,890 as of May 2012. Despite the fact that Illinois has the nation’s 5th highest employment level in this occupation, dental care assistant wages in Illinois were below the national average of $35,080.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Veterinary Assisting
- Veterinary Assistant
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Illinois
|Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine||Downers Grove, IL||www.midwestern.edu|
|University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry||Chicago, IL||http://dentistry.uic.edu|
|Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine||Carbondale, Edwardsville, Springfield, IL||http://southernillinois.edu/|
|John A. Logan College||Carterville, IL||http://www.jalc.edu|
|Kaskaskia College||Centralia, IL||http://www.kaskaskia.edu|
|Elgin Community College||Elgin, IL||http://elgin.edu|
|Lewis & Clark Community College||Godfrey, IL||http://www.lc.edu|
|Illinois Valley Community College||Oglesby, IL||https://www.ivcc.edu|