Dental Assistant Schools in HawaiiUH Maui lists its dental care assistant training offering as one of its health-related certificate programs. The curriculum is divided into two semesters within an academic year. The classes cover subject areas such as dental office management, oral biology, chairside dental assisting, dental radiography, and dental materials. Overall the core subjects in UH Maui’s dental assisting program total 23 credits. Also required are two pre-requisites (in English and biology). By comparison, Heald College provides an Associate of Applied Science degree in Dental Assisting, which can be completed in two years. Boasting of 99 credits, the program has a more elaborate body of general education requirements, with subject areas like anatomy and physiology, public speaking, algebra, psychology, and English composition. The collection of core courses are also beefed up, with subject additions like biomedical sciences, pharmacology, office emergencies, coronal polishing, and pit and fissure sealants. Other additions are externships and seminars for more practical knowledge and a trio of classes for professional development.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL AID/ASSISTANTS IN HAWAIIAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in Hawaii had an annual mean wage of $32,740 ($15.74 per hour) in 2012. Honolulu specifically had a yearly mean salary of $33,180, which was more than anywhere else in the island. By comparison, the annual mean wage of dental aid in the U.S. was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2010, there were 1,730 dental aid in Hawaii, with 1,120 of those in Honolulu alone. The BLS expects a 10 percent growth in job opportunities for the dental assisting field in Hawaii between 2010 and 2020.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AAS in Clinical Medical Assisting
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
More Dental Aid/Assistant Schools In Hawaii
|Heald College's Honolulu Campus||Honolulu, HI||http://www.cci.edu|
|University of Hawaii Maui College||Kahului, HI||http://maui.hawaii.edu|