Finding a dental care assistant school can be a task with so many available. Most important is finding an accredited school. Accreditation is looked upon as the measure of a high-quality school, but it may also be needed if you want to become certified. The Certified Dental Care Assistant credential, which can be obtained through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc., can give your resume and earning potential a real boost. According to the American Dental Association, there are about a dozen accredited dental aid schools in Georgia.
Dental Assistant Education in GeorgiaThere are no specific education or training requirements for dental care assistants in Georgia. However, those who will be working with dental x-ray equipment and doing dental x-rays must complete at least six hours of x-ray-related training, such as the DANB RHS review course. Additional training is also required for dental aid who will be performing phlebotomy and venipuncture procedures.
Even though it’s not required, you may still want to complete dental aid training program. Dental training programs, which can result in diplomas or degrees, offer a curriculum of theory-based courses, lab classes and clinical education in the form of chairside experiences. They also have specific admission requirements.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in GeorgiaAccording to a Salary.com in February, 2014, dental care assistants in Georgia earned annual average wages below the national average, although they varied from city to city. Dental care assistants in Albany earned $26,950, while those working in Atlanta and Savannah earned $33,460 and $ 29,614 respectively. Choosing the right dental care assistant program can be a touch choice. However, knowing what’s available can help narrow down your choice and find the best choice for you. Listed below are some of the dental aid programs found in Georgia.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- And more...
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Georgia
|Georgia Regents University College of Dental Medicine||Augusta, GA||http://gru.edu|
|Albany Technical College||Albany, GA||http://www.albanytech.edu|
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|
|Columbus Technical College||Columbus, GA||http://www.columbustech.edu|
|Gwinnett Technical College||Lawrenceville, GA||http://www.gwinnetttech.edu|
|Savannah Technical College||Savannah, GA||http://www.savannahtech.edu|
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||Valdosta, GA||http://www.wiregrass.edu|