Finding a dental care assistant school can be a task with so many available. Most important is finding an accredited school. Accreditation is looked upon as the measure of a high-quality school, but it may also be needed if you want to become certified. The Certified Dental Care Assistant credential, which can be obtained through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc., can give your resume and earning potential a real boost. According to the American Dental Association, there are about a dozen accredited dental aid schools in Georgia.
Dental Assistant Education in GeorgiaThere are no specific education or training requirements for dental care assistants in Georgia. However, those who will be working with dental x-ray equipment and doing dental x-rays must complete at least six hours of x-ray-related training, such as the DANB RHS review course. Additional training is also required for dental aid who will be performing phlebotomy and venipuncture procedures.
Even though it’s not required, you may still want to complete dental aid training program. Dental training programs, which can result in diplomas or degrees, offer a curriculum of theory-based courses, lab classes and clinical education in the form of chairside experiences. They also have specific admission requirements.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in GeorgiaAccording to a Salary.com in February, 2014, dental care assistants in Georgia earned annual average wages below the national average, although they varied from city to city. Dental care assistants in Albany earned $26,950, while those working in Atlanta and Savannah earned $33,460 and $ 29,614 respectively. Choosing the right dental care assistant program can be a touch choice. However, knowing what’s available can help narrow down your choice and find the best choice for you. Listed below are some of the dental aid programs found in Georgia.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- And more...
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Brenau Adult and Graduate Studies: Designed with You in Mind
If you are a busy, working adult, Brenau offers professionally focused undergraduate and graduate degrees and professional certification programs in flexible, convenient formats that meet your goals and fit your schedule. Brenau has a rich history of 135 years, with more than 35 years of experience in delivering programs for adults. As a Brenau student, you can schedule your classes in a format that is convenient to you. Many of our programs can be completed 100% online.
- Health Care Management (M.B.A.)
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Healthcare Management
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Georgia
|Georgia Regents University College of Dental Medicine||Augusta, GA||http://gru.edu|
|Albany Technical College||Albany, GA||http://www.albanytech.edu|
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|
|Columbus Technical College||Columbus, GA||http://www.columbustech.edu|
|Gwinnett Technical College||Lawrenceville, GA||http://www.gwinnetttech.edu|
|Savannah Technical College||Savannah, GA||http://www.savannahtech.edu|
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||Valdosta, GA||http://www.wiregrass.edu|