Find Accredited Dental Assistant Schools in DallasThe first and most important step towards becoming a dental care assistant in Dallas is to find a dental assisting program that’s accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA) because this is a requirement for all individuals who want to work in Texas as Registered or Certified Dental Assistants. Attending an ADA-accredited school or program is also required by those who want to obtain certification. The dental care assistant schools in Texas typically offer dental assisting diplomas or associate degrees. There are more than 30 accredited dental care assistant schools in Texas, with about ten located within a 25-mile radius of Dallas.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in DallasThe state of Texas lists three categories of dental care assistants and they all need some sort of training to work in Texas. A Qualified Dental Aid/Assistant must receive on-the-job training at an approved dental facility or must complete an accredited class. A Registered Dental Aid/Assistant (RDA) must complete an approved dental assisting class and be registered with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners if they are going to be working with dental x-ray equipment. A Certified Dental Care Assistant must complete an accredited dental aid or assistant program and pass the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) certification exam.
The exam must include the areas of infection control, jurisprudence, radiation health and safety and general chairside experience. CDAs must also have CPR certification. As a dental aid or assistant student, you will attend lectures, complete laboratory courses and obtain supervised chairside experience working in a dental facility. The dental education, which takes 1 to 2 years to complete, prepares the student to take and pass the DANB certification exam. Students who wish to perform expanded procedures (sealants or polishing) must obtain certificates in these areas and have at least two years experience working as dental aid or assistants.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in DallasDental assistants in the state of Texas earned a mean annual wage of $32,700, according to a May 2012 BLS report. These wages are less than the nationwide wages of $35,080. However, those working right in Dallas made annual wage of $35,270 during that year.
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Dallas
|Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry||Dallas, Texas||bcd.tamhsc.edu/|