Find Accredited Dental Assistant Schools in DallasThe first and most important step towards becoming a dental care assistant in Dallas is to find a dental assisting program that’s accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA) because this is a requirement for all individuals who want to work in Texas as Registered or Certified Dental Assistants. Attending an ADA-accredited school or program is also required by those who want to obtain certification. The dental care assistant schools in Texas typically offer dental assisting diplomas or associate degrees. There are more than 30 accredited dental care assistant schools in Texas, with about ten located within a 25-mile radius of Dallas.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in DallasThe state of Texas lists three categories of dental care assistants and they all need some sort of training to work in Texas. A Qualified Dental Aid/Assistant must receive on-the-job training at an approved dental facility or must complete an accredited class. A Registered Dental Aid/Assistant (RDA) must complete an approved dental assisting class and be registered with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners if they are going to be working with dental x-ray equipment. A Certified Dental Care Assistant must complete an accredited dental aid or assistant program and pass the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) certification exam.
The exam must include the areas of infection control, jurisprudence, radiation health and safety and general chairside experience. CDAs must also have CPR certification. As a dental aid or assistant student, you will attend lectures, complete laboratory courses and obtain supervised chairside experience working in a dental facility. The dental education, which takes 1 to 2 years to complete, prepares the student to take and pass the DANB certification exam. Students who wish to perform expanded procedures (sealants or polishing) must obtain certificates in these areas and have at least two years experience working as dental aid or assistants.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in DallasDental assistants in the state of Texas earned a mean annual wage of $32,700, according to a May 2012 BLS report. These wages are less than the nationwide wages of $35,080. However, those working right in Dallas made annual wage of $35,270 during that year.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Dallas
|Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry||Dallas, Texas||bcd.tamhsc.edu/|