Dental Assistant Schools in AtlantaAtlanta Tech offers two tracks of dental care assistant training. Consisting of 330 hours of class time, the Basic Dental Assisting certificate program can be completed in one semester. It consists of four courses: Introduction to Healthcare, Microbiology and Infection Control, Dental Biology, and Dental Assisting I: General Chairside; they add up to 16 credits. The longer and more sophisticated Dental Assisting diploma program has a curriculum of 56 credits, which can be completed in 1,260 contact hours. Added to the curriculum are general education requirements in English, mathematics, and psychology. The collection of core courses are also beefed up, with courses like Introduction to Computers, Preventative Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Therapeutics, Dental Practice Management, and Dental Assisting II: Dental Spec & EFDA. Also included are three units of the Dental Practicum course, intended to place students in laboratories or clinics for simulation of the workplace experience. After graduation, students can sit for the CDA exam.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistant Schools in AtlantaThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that dental care assistants in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta metropolitan area make an annual mean salary of $37,100. This is higher than the state’s annual mean salary of $34,820 for dental aid or assistants. The number of dental aid or assistants in the Atlanta metro area come up to around 5,120, according to the BLS — that’s 58 percent of the number of people in that profession for the entire state. The agency expects a 28 percent increase in job growth for dental assisting in Georgia between 2010 and 2020.
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Atlanta
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|