Dental Hygiene Education in ArkansasStudents in a dental care assistant program learn various tasks and skills for working in various roles within a dental office or practice, such as front desk administration, chair assistance, preparation, and radiography. In Arkansas, students in dental assisting programs will complete courses such as first aid, anatomy, medical terminology, fundamentals of dentistry, dental pharmacology, dental office administration, dental radiography, dental equipment basics, and dental material care. Also, most programs include an externship to gain practical experience in the field.
The education for dental hygienists and assistants in Arkansas helps to prepare students for licensing requirements in the state as well. Some of the additional duties an assistant must be registered and licensed in order to complete include monitoring of nitrous oxide, radiography, and coronal polishing. For additional information on education requirements for licensing, visit the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners website at http://www.dentalboard.arkansas.gov/licensure/Pages/dentalAssistants.aspx.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in ArkansasAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the United States Department of Labor, dental care assistant positions are increasing at a faster than average rate. In the state of Arkansas, there are currently 2,480 positions around the state with the highest concentrations of jobs around the Little Rock area, and dental assistants earn approximately $28,590 annually. Visit the BLS website athttp://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319091.htm for additional information.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Arkansas
|Arkansas Northeastern College||Blytheville, AR||http://www.anc.edu|
|Pulaski Technical College||North Little Rock, AR||http://uafs.edu|
|University of Arkansas-Fort Smith||Fort Smith, AR||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/alabama|
|University of Arkansas-Little Rock||Little Rock, AR||http://ualr.edu|