Dental Hygiene Education in ArkansasStudents in a dental care assistant program learn various tasks and skills for working in various roles within a dental office or practice, such as front desk administration, chair assistance, preparation, and radiography. In Arkansas, students in dental assisting programs will complete courses such as first aid, anatomy, medical terminology, fundamentals of dentistry, dental pharmacology, dental office administration, dental radiography, dental equipment basics, and dental material care. Also, most programs include an externship to gain practical experience in the field.
The education for dental hygienists and assistants in Arkansas helps to prepare students for licensing requirements in the state as well. Some of the additional duties an assistant must be registered and licensed in order to complete include monitoring of nitrous oxide, radiography, and coronal polishing. For additional information on education requirements for licensing, visit the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners website at http://www.dentalboard.arkansas.gov/licensure/Pages/dentalAssistants.aspx.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in ArkansasAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the United States Department of Labor, dental care assistant positions are increasing at a faster than average rate. In the state of Arkansas, there are currently 2,480 positions around the state with the highest concentrations of jobs around the Little Rock area, and dental assistants earn approximately $28,590 annually. Visit the BLS website athttp://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319091.htm for additional information.
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Master of Public Health
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Teacher, Manager, Instructor (TMI)
- Barber/Hair Stylist
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Arkansas
|Arkansas Northeastern College||Blytheville, AR||http://www.anc.edu|
|Pulaski Technical College||North Little Rock, AR||http://uafs.edu|
|University of Arkansas-Fort Smith||Fort Smith, AR||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/alabama|
|University of Arkansas-Little Rock||Little Rock, AR||http://ualr.edu|