If you’re like Hermey from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, you may want to be a dentist but haven’t had the opportunity to become one yet. If you live in Arizona, a good first step is aiming to get a job as a dental aid or assistant by finding a good dental school in your state.
While you may pick a dental school for any number of reasons that are important to you, you should definitely check to see if they are accredited before you enroll in a program and start taking classes. A good school will be associated with the American Dental Association, or ADA, and it only takes a quick call to an admissions representative to find out if your potential school is accredited with them.
Arizona School of Dental AssistingGetting a dental hygiene education should teach you enough to succeed in an entry-level job position in the field of dentistry. You should learn about both preventive and therapeutic services in your classes, and your program should contain a mix of academic and clinical work. Many good degree and certificate programs also have the goal of connecting you with the people you’ll be serving through different activities.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in ArizonaMost dental aid or assistants make around $16 or $17 per hour, but this depends on how much education and experience you have. The mean annual salary is about $35,000. Arizona pretty much runs in the middle of the pack compared to other states.
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Becoming a dental care assistant could be a good job for the foreseeable future, or it could just a step in the direction you want to take. Whatever your aspirations are, get a good education to start off on the right foot.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Arizona
|Arizona School of Dental Assisting||Phoenix, AZ||https://azdentalassistants.com|
|Phoenix College||Phoenix, AZ||http://www.phoenixcollege.edu|
|Rio Salado College||Tempe, AZ||http://www.riosalado.edu|
|Pima Medical Institute||Tucson, AZ||http://pmi.edu|
View Larger Map