If you’re like Hermey from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, you may want to be a dentist but haven’t had the opportunity to become one yet. If you live in Arizona, a good first step is aiming to get a job as a dental aid or assistant by finding a good dental school in your state.
While you may pick a dental school for any number of reasons that are important to you, you should definitely check to see if they are accredited before you enroll in a program and start taking classes. A good school will be associated with the American Dental Association, or ADA, and it only takes a quick call to an admissions representative to find out if your potential school is accredited with them.
Arizona School of Dental AssistingGetting a dental hygiene education should teach you enough to succeed in an entry-level job position in the field of dentistry. You should learn about both preventive and therapeutic services in your classes, and your program should contain a mix of academic and clinical work. Many good degree and certificate programs also have the goal of connecting you with the people you’ll be serving through different activities.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in ArizonaMost dental aid or assistants make around $16 or $17 per hour, but this depends on how much education and experience you have. The mean annual salary is about $35,000. Arizona pretty much runs in the middle of the pack compared to other states.
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Becoming a dental care assistant could be a good job for the foreseeable future, or it could just a step in the direction you want to take. Whatever your aspirations are, get a good education to start off on the right foot.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Arizona
|Arizona School of Dental Assisting||Phoenix, AZ||https://azdentalassistants.com|
|Phoenix College||Phoenix, AZ||http://www.phoenixcollege.edu|
|Rio Salado College||Tempe, AZ||http://www.riosalado.edu|
|Pima Medical Institute||Tucson, AZ||http://pmi.edu|
View Larger Map