Finding an accredited dental aid or assistant school is important for dental aid or assistants who wish to obtain certification as Certified Dental Assistants, which is offered through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. If the school isn’t accredited, the student won’t be eligible for certification until he or she has over 3,500 hours experience working as a dental aid or assistant. There are around six accredited dental aid or assistant schools in Alabama, as reported by both the National Center for Education Statistics and the American Dental Association.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in AlabamaDental aid assistant students complete coursework, participate in laboratory work and complete a supervised clinical experience at an approved dental facility to gain experience performing dental care assisting procedures. Once they’ve successfully completed an accredited program, they can sit for the national certification exam. Dental care assisting may be offered as a diploma, certificate or an associate degree program.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in AlabamaSalaries for dental assistants in Alabama vary throughout the state. In Mobile, the median annual wage for 2012 was $33,600, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The average salary in Birmingham was $32,400, while Gadsden dental aid or assistants earned $29,100. During the same year, dental assistants earned $30,200 statewide and $34,500 nationwide.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting / Medical Assisting Specialist
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Certificate
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Alabama
|University of Alabama School of Dentistry||Birmingham, Alabama||http://www.dental.uab.edu|
|James H. Faulkner State Community College||Bay Minette, Alabama||http://www.faulknerstate.edu|
|Fortis College||Mobile, Alabama||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/alabama|
|Wallace State Community College||Hanceville, Alabama||http://www.wallacestate.edu|
|John C. Calhoun State Community College||Decatur, Alabama||http://www.calhoun.edu|
|Lawson State Community College||Bessemer, Alabama||http://www.lawsonstate.edu|
|H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College||Montgomery, Alabama||http://www.trenholmstate.edu|
View Larger Map