Finding an accredited dental aid or assistant school is important for dental aid or assistants who wish to obtain certification as Certified Dental Assistants, which is offered through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. If the school isn’t accredited, the student won’t be eligible for certification until he or she has over 3,500 hours experience working as a dental aid or assistant. There are around six accredited dental aid or assistant schools in Alabama, as reported by both the National Center for Education Statistics and the American Dental Association.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in AlabamaDental aid assistant students complete coursework, participate in laboratory work and complete a supervised clinical experience at an approved dental facility to gain experience performing dental care assisting procedures. Once they’ve successfully completed an accredited program, they can sit for the national certification exam. Dental care assisting may be offered as a diploma, certificate or an associate degree program.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in AlabamaSalaries for dental assistants in Alabama vary throughout the state. In Mobile, the median annual wage for 2012 was $33,600, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The average salary in Birmingham was $32,400, while Gadsden dental aid or assistants earned $29,100. During the same year, dental assistants earned $30,200 statewide and $34,500 nationwide.
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Alabama
|University of Alabama School of Dentistry||Birmingham, Alabama||http://www.dental.uab.edu|
|James H. Faulkner State Community College||Bay Minette, Alabama||http://www.faulknerstate.edu|
|Fortis College||Mobile, Alabama||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/alabama|
|Wallace State Community College||Hanceville, Alabama||http://www.wallacestate.edu|
|John C. Calhoun State Community College||Decatur, Alabama||http://www.calhoun.edu|
|Lawson State Community College||Bessemer, Alabama||http://www.lawsonstate.edu|
|H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College||Montgomery, Alabama||http://www.trenholmstate.edu|
View Larger Map