Finding an accredited dental aid or assistant school is important for dental aid or assistants who wish to obtain certification as Certified Dental Assistants, which is offered through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. If the school isn’t accredited, the student won’t be eligible for certification until he or she has over 3,500 hours experience working as a dental aid or assistant. There are around six accredited dental aid or assistant schools in Alabama, as reported by both the National Center for Education Statistics and the American Dental Association.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in AlabamaDental aid assistant students complete coursework, participate in laboratory work and complete a supervised clinical experience at an approved dental facility to gain experience performing dental care assisting procedures. Once they’ve successfully completed an accredited program, they can sit for the national certification exam. Dental care assisting may be offered as a diploma, certificate or an associate degree program.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in AlabamaSalaries for dental assistants in Alabama vary throughout the state. In Mobile, the median annual wage for 2012 was $33,600, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The average salary in Birmingham was $32,400, while Gadsden dental aid or assistants earned $29,100. During the same year, dental assistants earned $30,200 statewide and $34,500 nationwide.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Several nursing programs are available at the bachelor's, post-graduate, master's, and doctoral levels.
- Graduate-level specialization options include Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Administrator, and more.
- Nursing programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Nursing (BS)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Alabama
|University of Alabama School of Dentistry||Birmingham, Alabama||http://www.dental.uab.edu|
|James H. Faulkner State Community College||Bay Minette, Alabama||http://www.faulknerstate.edu|
|Fortis College||Mobile, Alabama||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/alabama|
|Wallace State Community College||Hanceville, Alabama||http://www.wallacestate.edu|
|John C. Calhoun State Community College||Decatur, Alabama||http://www.calhoun.edu|
|Lawson State Community College||Bessemer, Alabama||http://www.lawsonstate.edu|
|H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College||Montgomery, Alabama||http://www.trenholmstate.edu|
View Larger Map