Dental Assistant Schools in TexasWhether you want to work as a dental care assistant or a hygienist, you cannot expect to walk in off the street and get a job right off the bat. The men and women working in the field spent years establishing themselves and gaining more experience, but they all start with the right school. A certification program is a terminal program that gives you a dental care assistant certificate, wile a degree program lets you earn an applied health degree. Though both program offer similar classes, having a college degree can often open more doors than a certificate can.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in TexasTexas is home to one of the largest populations of dental care assistants in the country. In 2009, nearly 20,000 people worked as a dental care assistant, and that number continues growing. Many workers enjoy working with patients and dentists, and they love knowing that the need for their services keeps growing. They also love the salary that they earn, which is nearly $15 an hour. Those earning a regular salary earn a median amount of just over $31,000. Some entry level positions pay less, but you’ll likely notice that your earnings grow after just a few years of working as an assistant. As Texas has so many people working in the dental care assistant field and in similar fields, the state has a number of colleges that offer training programs. These programs let you learn as you work for dentists and in dental offices, and you’ll also learn from instructors in the classroom. Some of the schools you might find interesting include:
- Offers several program options in healthcare and wellness, skilled trades, and business.
- Provides career assistance services including resume and cover letter writing, interview prep, and professional partnerships with regional employers for employment opportunities.
- Classes start every month.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) for the San Antonio branch.
- 5 campuses in Brownsville, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Weslaco.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Dental Assistant(Diploma)
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Medical Administrative Assistant (Diploma)
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Texas
|Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry||Dallas, Texas||bcd.tamhsc.edu/|
|University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Dentistry||Houston, Texas, USA||http://www.uth.edu/|
|The Dental School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio||San Antonio, Texas, USA||dental.uthscsa.edu|
|Grayson County College||Denison, TX||http://www.grayson.edu|
|Lone Star College||The Woodlands, TX||http://www.lonestar.edu|
|PIMA Medical Institute||Houston, TX||http://pmi.edu|
|Texas State Technical College||Bellmead, TX||http://www.tstc.edu|