When searching for a dental care assistant school, it is important to look for institutions that are accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). By graduating from a CODA-accredited school, potential dental care assistants have met one of the necessary eligibility requirements to earn certification from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
To begin the search for a CODA-accredited institution in Philadelphia, visit the DANB website (www.danb.org) for a state-by-state listing or go to the American Dental Hygiene Association website (www.adha.org).
Currently, the Community College of Philadelphia has the only accredited dental care assistant program in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dental Hygiene Education in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaThose seeking to become professional dental care assistants in Philadelphia can expect to complete about 2,910 clock hours of curriculum education, of which 684 hours are spent training in a clinical setting. Entry level positions require 86 credit hours to graduate with a certificate or associate’s degree. For those seeking a Bachelor’s degree, 122 credit hours must be competed.
For those who wish to further their education, such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, degree completion programs are provided for licensed dental hygienists who have completed the necessary amount of professional education requirements or who have already earned a certificate or associate degree.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDental aid or assistants working in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania can expect to earn about $55,000 per year. This is 1% higher than the national average.
At Brightwood Career Institute, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Philadelphia
|Temple University, Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry||Philadelphia, PA, U.S.||dental.temple.edu|
|University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||http://www.dental.upenn.edu/|