When searching for a dental care assistant school, it is important to look for institutions that are accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). By graduating from a CODA-accredited school, potential dental care assistants have met one of the necessary eligibility requirements to earn certification from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
To begin the search for a CODA-accredited institution in Philadelphia, visit the DANB website (www.danb.org) for a state-by-state listing or go to the American Dental Hygiene Association website (www.adha.org).
Currently, the Community College of Philadelphia has the only accredited dental care assistant program in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dental Hygiene Education in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaThose seeking to become professional dental care assistants in Philadelphia can expect to complete about 2,910 clock hours of curriculum education, of which 684 hours are spent training in a clinical setting. Entry level positions require 86 credit hours to graduate with a certificate or associate’s degree. For those seeking a Bachelor’s degree, 122 credit hours must be competed.
For those who wish to further their education, such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, degree completion programs are provided for licensed dental hygienists who have completed the necessary amount of professional education requirements or who have already earned a certificate or associate degree.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDental aid or assistants working in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania can expect to earn about $55,000 per year. This is 1% higher than the national average.
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Philadelphia
|Temple University, Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry||Philadelphia, PA, U.S.||dental.temple.edu|
|University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||http://www.dental.upenn.edu/|