When searching for a dental care assistant school, it is important to look for institutions that are accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). By graduating from a CODA-accredited school, potential dental care assistants have met one of the necessary eligibility requirements to earn certification from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
To begin the search for a CODA-accredited institution in Philadelphia, visit the DANB website (www.danb.org) for a state-by-state listing or go to the American Dental Hygiene Association website (www.adha.org).
Currently, the Community College of Philadelphia has the only accredited dental care assistant program in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dental Hygiene Education in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaThose seeking to become professional dental care assistants in Philadelphia can expect to complete about 2,910 clock hours of curriculum education, of which 684 hours are spent training in a clinical setting. Entry level positions require 86 credit hours to graduate with a certificate or associate’s degree. For those seeking a Bachelor’s degree, 122 credit hours must be competed.
For those who wish to further their education, such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, degree completion programs are provided for licensed dental hygienists who have completed the necessary amount of professional education requirements or who have already earned a certificate or associate degree.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDental aid or assistants working in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania can expect to earn about $55,000 per year. This is 1% higher than the national average.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Philadelphia
|Temple University, Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry||Philadelphia, PA, U.S.||dental.temple.edu|
|University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||http://www.dental.upenn.edu/|