Dental Aid/Assistant Education in MissouriIndividuals can work as dental aid orassistants in Missouri without completing a formal training program. However, dental aid or assistants must complete an accredited dental care assistant program approved by the Missouri Dental Board if they wish to assist a dentist with administering and monitoring nitrous oxide analgesia. They must also have a permit from the board. Students must also have a permit to perform expanded dental functions; students must have completed training and be certified in expanded functions.
Dental aid or assistant training programs offer a curriculum of laboratory classes, lectures and a lot of clinical education so the student can gain chair-side experience assisting the dentist in procedures. Dental care assistant education usually takes from 1 to 2 years to complete. Completing the dental aid or assistant program qualifies the student to take the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. exam to earn the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) credential.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants MissouriDental care assistants in Missouri earned a mean annual wage of $33,790, according to a May 2012 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report. This is slightly less than the $35,080 that was earned by dental aid or assistants across the nation. During that time, there were 4,970 dental care assistants working in Missouri.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Diploma: Dental Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Missouri
|University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Dentistry||Kansas City, MO||www.umkc.edu|
|Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health at A.T. Still University||Kirksville, MO||www.atsu.edu|
|Missouri College||Brentwood, MO||http://www.missouricollege.edu|
|Linn State Technical College||Linn, MO||https://www.statetechmo.edu|
|Metropolitan State Community College||Kansas City, MO||http://www.metrostate.edu|
|Ozarks Technical Community College||Springfield, MO||http://www.otc.edu|
|St. Louis Community College||St. Louis, MO||http://www.stlcc.edu|