Dental Assistant Education in IllinoisIllinois does not have any specific educational requirements for its dental care assistants. Unlike in many other states, dental care assistants in Illinois can perform x-ray procedures with dental x-ray equipment without completing training. However, completing an ADA-accredited dental program can prove beneficial when applying for a dental care assistant position. Dental care assistant programs may result in associate degrees but are typically certificate programs.
As a student in a dental assisting training program, you’ll complete medical courses, take laboratory classes and will complete chair-side training where you’ll get real experience assisting a dentist. Dental care assistant programs often have a competitive admissions policy and require completion of specific admission requirements and prerequisites.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in IllinoisAccording to the BLS, dental care assistants earned a mean annual wage of $32,890 as of May 2012. Despite the fact that Illinois has the nation’s 5th highest employment level in this occupation, dental care assistant wages in Illinois were below the national average of $35,080.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Executive Leader
- Family Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing (Post-licensure) - Bachelor
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- Fitness & Nutrition
Orion College is a post-secondary vocational school offering Associate Degree programs in Business Administration, Medical Assisting and Healthcare Management.. By utilizing online learning, students have the flexibility to continue their education from the convenience of their own home. Our virtual classrooms will enable students to attend classes and communicate with instructors and classmates. Students can complete some programs without leaving their current employment or sacrificing family time.
- Medical Assisting
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Illinois
|Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine||Downers Grove, IL||www.midwestern.edu|
|University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry||Chicago, IL||http://dentistry.uic.edu|
|Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine||Carbondale, Edwardsville, Springfield, IL||http://southernillinois.edu/|
|John A. Logan College||Carterville, IL||http://www.jalc.edu|
|Kaskaskia College||Centralia, IL||http://www.kaskaskia.edu|
|Elgin Community College||Elgin, IL||http://elgin.edu|
|Lewis & Clark Community College||Godfrey, IL||http://www.lc.edu|
|Illinois Valley Community College||Oglesby, IL||https://www.ivcc.edu|