Dental Assistant Education in IllinoisIllinois does not have any specific educational requirements for its dental care assistants. Unlike in many other states, dental care assistants in Illinois can perform x-ray procedures with dental x-ray equipment without completing training. However, completing an ADA-accredited dental program can prove beneficial when applying for a dental care assistant position. Dental care assistant programs may result in associate degrees but are typically certificate programs.
As a student in a dental assisting training program, you’ll complete medical courses, take laboratory classes and will complete chair-side training where you’ll get real experience assisting a dentist. Dental care assistant programs often have a competitive admissions policy and require completion of specific admission requirements and prerequisites.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in IllinoisAccording to the BLS, dental care assistants earned a mean annual wage of $32,890 as of May 2012. Despite the fact that Illinois has the nation’s 5th highest employment level in this occupation, dental care assistant wages in Illinois were below the national average of $35,080.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
Northwestern College is a special place. Focused programs. Flexible schedules. Supportive faculty. Externship opportunities. But you probably know all of that. What you may not know is what’s behind it. Our history, our mission, our whole philosophy really. Simply put, it’s about preparing people well and quickly for a lifetime of opportunities.
- Dental Assisting Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Master of Public Health
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Adult Gerontology Practitioner Certificate
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Illinois
|Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine||Downers Grove, IL||www.midwestern.edu|
|University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry||Chicago, IL||http://dentistry.uic.edu|
|Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine||Carbondale, Edwardsville, Springfield, IL||http://southernillinois.edu/|
|John A. Logan College||Carterville, IL||http://www.jalc.edu|
|Kaskaskia College||Centralia, IL||http://www.kaskaskia.edu|
|Elgin Community College||Elgin, IL||http://elgin.edu|
|Lewis & Clark Community College||Godfrey, IL||http://www.lc.edu|
|Illinois Valley Community College||Oglesby, IL||https://www.ivcc.edu|