Dental Assistant Schools in HoustonThe program at HCC Coleman consists of 36 credits, which are designed for completion in 12 months, spread out over three semesters (Summer, Fall, and Spring). Courses include Preventative Dentistry, Chairside Assisting, Dental Radiology, and Dental Science. Two externship units are included for giving students hands-on experience at onsite labs or local dental clinics. Students cannot take clinicals until they go through a drug screening, background check, and make sure their vaccinations (including the one for Hepatitis B) are current. Upon graduation, students will receive Certificates of Completion, making them eligible to sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam. Also available is the Radiology Certificate Credential, or RDA, from the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. Although optional, the RDA is necessary for dental assistants who administer x-rays, monitor the administration of nitrous oxide/oxygen inhalation conscious sedation, apply pit and fissure sealants, and perform coronal polishing.
Salaries for Dental aid/Assistant Education in HoustonAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in the Houston-Sugarland-Baytown metropolitan area had an annual median wage of $33,320, or $16.04 per hour. This number surpasses the annual median wage of dental care assistants in the state, at $32,900 ($15.81 per hour); the national median was $34,500 ($16.59 per hour) in 2012. At 6,020, the Houston metro area had the fourth-highest employment level of dental aid or assistants in the nation, and comprised about 20 percent of the dental care assistants in the state. The BLS expects a 27 percent increase in employment in Texas between 2010 and 2020.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Houston
|University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Dentistry||Houston, Texas, USA||http://www.uth.edu/|
|PIMA Medical Institute||Houston, TX||http://pmi.edu|