Find Accredited Dental Assistant Schools in DallasThe first and most important step towards becoming a dental care assistant in Dallas is to find a dental assisting program that’s accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA) because this is a requirement for all individuals who want to work in Texas as Registered or Certified Dental Assistants. Attending an ADA-accredited school or program is also required by those who want to obtain certification. The dental care assistant schools in Texas typically offer dental assisting diplomas or associate degrees. There are more than 30 accredited dental care assistant schools in Texas, with about ten located within a 25-mile radius of Dallas.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in DallasThe state of Texas lists three categories of dental care assistants and they all need some sort of training to work in Texas. A Qualified Dental Aid/Assistant must receive on-the-job training at an approved dental facility or must complete an accredited class. A Registered Dental Aid/Assistant (RDA) must complete an approved dental assisting class and be registered with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners if they are going to be working with dental x-ray equipment. A Certified Dental Care Assistant must complete an accredited dental aid or assistant program and pass the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) certification exam.
The exam must include the areas of infection control, jurisprudence, radiation health and safety and general chairside experience. CDAs must also have CPR certification. As a dental aid or assistant student, you will attend lectures, complete laboratory courses and obtain supervised chairside experience working in a dental facility. The dental education, which takes 1 to 2 years to complete, prepares the student to take and pass the DANB certification exam. Students who wish to perform expanded procedures (sealants or polishing) must obtain certificates in these areas and have at least two years experience working as dental aid or assistants.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in DallasDental assistants in the state of Texas earned a mean annual wage of $32,700, according to a May 2012 BLS report. These wages are less than the nationwide wages of $35,080. However, those working right in Dallas made annual wage of $35,270 during that year.
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Dental Assisting
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Medical Laboratory Technology (AS)
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Dallas
|Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry||Dallas, Texas||bcd.tamhsc.edu/|