Find Accredited Dental Assistant Schools in DallasThe first and most important step towards becoming a dental care assistant in Dallas is to find a dental assisting program that’s accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA) because this is a requirement for all individuals who want to work in Texas as Registered or Certified Dental Assistants. Attending an ADA-accredited school or program is also required by those who want to obtain certification. The dental care assistant schools in Texas typically offer dental assisting diplomas or associate degrees. There are more than 30 accredited dental care assistant schools in Texas, with about ten located within a 25-mile radius of Dallas.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in DallasThe state of Texas lists three categories of dental care assistants and they all need some sort of training to work in Texas. A Qualified Dental Aid/Assistant must receive on-the-job training at an approved dental facility or must complete an accredited class. A Registered Dental Aid/Assistant (RDA) must complete an approved dental assisting class and be registered with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners if they are going to be working with dental x-ray equipment. A Certified Dental Care Assistant must complete an accredited dental aid or assistant program and pass the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) certification exam.
The exam must include the areas of infection control, jurisprudence, radiation health and safety and general chairside experience. CDAs must also have CPR certification. As a dental aid or assistant student, you will attend lectures, complete laboratory courses and obtain supervised chairside experience working in a dental facility. The dental education, which takes 1 to 2 years to complete, prepares the student to take and pass the DANB certification exam. Students who wish to perform expanded procedures (sealants or polishing) must obtain certificates in these areas and have at least two years experience working as dental aid or assistants.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in DallasDental assistants in the state of Texas earned a mean annual wage of $32,700, according to a May 2012 BLS report. These wages are less than the nationwide wages of $35,080. However, those working right in Dallas made annual wage of $35,270 during that year.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Dallas
|Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry||Dallas, Texas||bcd.tamhsc.edu/|