Dental Assistant Schools in ConnecticutThe Connecticut Dental Hygienist’s Association is a great place to look for information regarding dental hygiene education within the state. To be a registered hygienist, one must graduate with an associate or bachelor’s degree from a program that is accredited by the Commission on Dental Education (CODA). The four schools in Connecticut currently accredited by CODA are the Fones School of Dental Hygiene, Tunxis Community College, the University of New Haven and the Lincoln College of New England. Each of these schools offers at least an associates degree. The Fones School, which was established in 1913, offers a masters degree as well as an associates and bachelors.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in ConnecticutThe outlook for dental care assistant salaries in Connecticut is quite good. Salaries tend to be above the national average all across the state. The median salary for a dental care assistant in East Hartford or New Haven is a little over $36,000 and remains very close to that mark even in areas of the state where the cost of living is likely lower, such as Waterbury.
Dental Assisting Programs in ConnecticutThe four accredited schools for dental care assistant training are found at the A.I. Prince Technical High School, the Lincoln College of New England, Tunxis Community College and Windham Technical High School. In addition to these, there are other centers which offer certificate programs and beginning training to help potential dental care assistants gain chairside skills that they will need to get ahead in the field. The Connecticut State Dental Association offers resources and contact information regarding training and education for dental health professionals, including dental care assistants, hygienists and technicians.
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Dental Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Paramedic Technology
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Connecticut
|University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine||Farmington, CT||www.uchc.edu|
|A.I. Prince Technical High School||Hartford, CT||http://prince.cttech.org|
|Lincoln College of New England||Southington, CT||http://www.lincolncollegene.edu/southington-college-campus/southington-campus-college-connecticut#|
|Tunxis Community College||Farmington, CT||http://www.tunxis.edu|
|Windham Technical High School||Willimantic, CT||http://www.cttech.org|