Dental Assistant Schools in ConnecticutThe Connecticut Dental Hygienist’s Association is a great place to look for information regarding dental hygiene education within the state. To be a registered hygienist, one must graduate with an associate or bachelor’s degree from a program that is accredited by the Commission on Dental Education (CODA). The four schools in Connecticut currently accredited by CODA are the Fones School of Dental Hygiene, Tunxis Community College, the University of New Haven and the Lincoln College of New England. Each of these schools offers at least an associates degree. The Fones School, which was established in 1913, offers a masters degree as well as an associates and bachelors.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in ConnecticutThe outlook for dental care assistant salaries in Connecticut is quite good. Salaries tend to be above the national average all across the state. The median salary for a dental care assistant in East Hartford or New Haven is a little over $36,000 and remains very close to that mark even in areas of the state where the cost of living is likely lower, such as Waterbury.
Dental Assisting Programs in ConnecticutThe four accredited schools for dental care assistant training are found at the A.I. Prince Technical High School, the Lincoln College of New England, Tunxis Community College and Windham Technical High School. In addition to these, there are other centers which offer certificate programs and beginning training to help potential dental care assistants gain chairside skills that they will need to get ahead in the field. The Connecticut State Dental Association offers resources and contact information regarding training and education for dental health professionals, including dental care assistants, hygienists and technicians.
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the ACICS, ACCSC, ABHES, and NEASC
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Earn your degree from Lincoln College of New England. Over 30 undergraduate programs are available in Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. Financial aid is available for those who qualify
- Dental Chairside Assistant, Certificate
- Dental Hygiene, AS
- Dental Hygiene, BS
- And more...
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assisting
- Patient Care Technician Level 1
- Professional Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Connecticut
|University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine||Farmington, CT||www.uchc.edu|
|A.I. Prince Technical High School||Hartford, CT||http://prince.cttech.org|
|Lincoln College of New England||Southington, CT||http://www.lincolncollegene.edu/southington-college-campus/southington-campus-college-connecticut#|
|Tunxis Community College||Farmington, CT||http://www.tunxis.edu|
|Windham Technical High School||Willimantic, CT||http://www.cttech.org|