Dental Assistant Schools in CharlotteCentral Piedmont offers its Dental Assisting Diploma through its Health Sciences division. Consisting of 47 credits, the program’s curriculum is split into three semesters: Fall, Spring, and Summer. Thus, students can complete the program within a year. Fourteen of the 47 credits are taken in the fall semester; courses cover the following subject areas: orofacial anatomy, pre-clinical procedures, infection and hazard control, and dental radiography. The spring semester comprises the bulk of the curriculum, with 17 credits. In addition to the first unit of clinical practice for acquiring hands-on experience, students would take classes in dental materials, dental science, dental health education, and practice or office management. The summer semester is virtually reserved for the second and last clinical practice class. Also required are 11 credits worth of courses in biology, English, and communications. Upon completion of the program, students are awarded the Diploma in Dental Assisting, making them eligible to take the Dental Assisting National Board Examination to become Certified Dental Assistants.
Salaries for Dental Assistant Schools in CharlotteAs part of the Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill metropolitan area, the city of Charlotte yielded an annual mean wage of $39,110 for its dental care assistants, according to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This beats the numbers for dental care assistants in the state of North Carolina, at $37,280 ($17.92 per hour), as well as those of the country, at $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2012, there were 1,560 dental assistants in the Charlotte metro area, comprising almost 20 percent of dental care assistants in the state. The BLS expects the state numbers for the dental care assistant field to grow by 24 percent between 2010 and 2020, virtually keeping in pace with the national job growth rate for the same field.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Master of Business Admin w/Con Health Care Admin
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Charlotte
|Central Piedmont Community College||Charlotte, NC||http://www.cpcc.edu|