Dental Assistant Schools in CharlotteCentral Piedmont offers its Dental Assisting Diploma through its Health Sciences division. Consisting of 47 credits, the program’s curriculum is split into three semesters: Fall, Spring, and Summer. Thus, students can complete the program within a year. Fourteen of the 47 credits are taken in the fall semester; courses cover the following subject areas: orofacial anatomy, pre-clinical procedures, infection and hazard control, and dental radiography. The spring semester comprises the bulk of the curriculum, with 17 credits. In addition to the first unit of clinical practice for acquiring hands-on experience, students would take classes in dental materials, dental science, dental health education, and practice or office management. The summer semester is virtually reserved for the second and last clinical practice class. Also required are 11 credits worth of courses in biology, English, and communications. Upon completion of the program, students are awarded the Diploma in Dental Assisting, making them eligible to take the Dental Assisting National Board Examination to become Certified Dental Assistants.
Salaries for Dental Assistant Schools in CharlotteAs part of the Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill metropolitan area, the city of Charlotte yielded an annual mean wage of $39,110 for its dental care assistants, according to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This beats the numbers for dental care assistants in the state of North Carolina, at $37,280 ($17.92 per hour), as well as those of the country, at $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2012, there were 1,560 dental assistants in the Charlotte metro area, comprising almost 20 percent of dental care assistants in the state. The BLS expects the state numbers for the dental care assistant field to grow by 24 percent between 2010 and 2020, virtually keeping in pace with the national job growth rate for the same field.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Charlotte
|Central Piedmont Community College||Charlotte, NC||http://www.cpcc.edu|